Friday, August 23, 2013

IS IT STILL BROKEN?

Grab a plate and throw it on the ground.

-OK Done.

Did it brake?

-Yes

Now say "sorry" to it.

-Sorry

Did it go back to the way it was before?

This lesson came my way last week and it is sticking in a corner of my brain. Maybe I will remember it for awhile and not brake anything I can't mend.
But then I look at Bob's explanation:
]

" A simple psychological way to give the client an epiphany about the varying levels of cause and effect. Everything carries a different weight, so you should consider your actions (and the effect or fallout) before doing."

OK, Bob, I still think there is some hope after one "breaks" the plate and you can reglue it to be perfect again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad thing is we have all broken plates. Apologizing is not the end to the "deed' but is the only way one can move forward, as long as they don't do the same deed again.

Jeannot said...

Thank you, Brie