Sunday, February 15, 2009

websites of interest for women

For more than a year now I have enjoyed reading the website
WOWOWOW , supposed to be fore women over 40 and since I am
going to be 77 soon I doubly qualify.

All kidding aside, it is a fun website with many points of view
and there are ladies under 40 joining in.
Politics, gossip, health, problem solving, just about everything is
being discussed here.

The founders are a bunch of ladies, well known to almost all of us.
Marlo Thomas, Leslie Stahl, Candice Bergen, Liz Smith, Joan Buck,
Joni Evans to name a few.
All very bright women and the staff share the daily news, past
happenings, literature, art etc..........

It is here that I found out there was a website which helped me
get a VA pension for my husband. I did not know about it until
a WOWER told me.
That helps me a lot also managed to pay for day care.

The other site is Trusera.com
It is a site for health issues mostly at this point for people
who have children with autism.
The site was started iN Seattle and has a great following.
I started to write in there for Alzheimer's caregivers but I sort
of got lost in the autism flurry.
Amazing how many parents are facing this today.
In my own family we have 2 boys afflicted with some type of autism.

Try them and see if this is your cup of tea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeannot,

As a frustrated consumer of healthcare, I just launched a site called DxJunction.com to give people a place to organize themselves around specific diagnoses to help each other.

My friend and I started the site after years of dealing with numerous medical conditions and wishing there was a library of patient experiences we could tap into before making critical medical conditions.

I would love it if you could come donate some of your experience and let me know what you think of the site. We are not a big company like Trusera. Me and another guy make up the entire company.

I cared for my father who had Alzheimer's and now I am helping to care for my father-in-law who has it. We have partnered with Knowitalz.com to help us jump start the Alzheimer's caregiver library.

I would love to know what you think. We just launched the site and could use all the feedback we could get.

David Dimond (DxJunction ID: AlzWell)