Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

Well, I did it! I am still here in 2013!

I went to bed at 9 I have seen that ball come down many times, it is a deja vu all over again.

In 1958/59 my then husband and I lived in New Jersey.
We drove to New York and hung around Time Square till the ball dropped.
I was a wreck, first time I left my baby girl with a sitter. It was the gal next door but still I just did not think it right that I was miles away standing in this
crowd and yet I had promised myself that I would do that at least once in my lifetime.

Young then, I was not afraid of the big crowds. The cops were everywhere and I felt protected wit5h New York's finest, on foot and on horses.
What were we worried about then? Pick Pockets!!!!!
We saw several being arrested and dragged away. That was our worry then.

I am very glad I saw it then because you could not pay me to go now.

Happy 2013 May we all experience the best year of health, wealth and contentment. I do not use the word happy anymore.
Happy is ups and downs. Do not go for that!

World Peace? We can wish, it will not happen just yet....we can wish.

No comments: