Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best gift this year

None of us knew it but the best gift was that cel phone which I barely need but still I need it.
Turns out I can hear on this thing and called my friend in MA. for 53 minutes we had a ball as I could hear every word. Even on my very expensive "hearing phone" this does not happen.
I had such a good time hearing Lee, even so we both have the same problems...needed an electric can opener, she one with batteries, she is already deep into snow and power may go off any time. She concerned over falling, her two casts have just now come off.
I walk with such care outside, like I am walking on eggs.
I should call it the 80's diaries.
We will not admit to our depressions either. We are fine, we tell ourselves that and anyone who wants to listen.
My daughter acts like she is my mother, said she. I say: That is new to you?"
I have a new mother now for years but this one comes with unconditional love.
I heard it all and I smiled.
There was a day that I was 23 and she 25, we had husbands but no kids yet and we
ate lunch on payday out to where they had nice shrimp. She taught me how to shop and where at a discount. She taught me that the BIG diamond on her finger was real..I hardly believe it. Even from Belgium, diamond country, I did not have relatives with rocks like that on their hands. She installed a telephone next to her bed so she could answer my many midnight calls when I would be crying my eyes out about a no good husband. She told me to leave him 10 years before I had the courage to do so.
We worked in the same office in New Brunswick NJ.
I came in from the chocolate and lace boat. Eyes wide open to a new country and new adventures. All these years later we still try and console each other.
It helps if you have a phone and can hear.
Thank you, my dear Santa!!!!!

7 comments:

Gypsy Lee said...

and named her first daughter after her! So glad you can hear conversations over the phone, probably for the first time in more than a decade!

Jeannot said...

do not understand why comments are not received

Gypsy Lee said...

...and named her first daughter after her! So glad you can hear conversations over the phone, probably for the first time in more than a decade!

Gypsy Lee said...

...and named her first daughter after her! So glad you can hear conversations over the phone, probably for the first time in more than a decade!

Angela said...

I read this and will post to see if it is really not working :-((

Jeannot said...

I was just testing, my own comment works comments fromn others does not work. how come?

Jeannot said...

I think the mess of comments has been cleaned up, thank you Sabrina!!!