Monday, June 29, 2009

COURAGE

The word courage in French seems to have more of a punch (to me) than
the English word.

My mother used it often.
Time and time again she would tell me :"Courage, Jeannot, courage"
She would remind me that we courage she survived.

During this past year when everything seemed to go downhill for me
(mentally) I often checked into my boots for more courage and I ran out.

I read Anais's words the other day:
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage"

I pondered that for a long , long time, found it to be true. Oh , so very true,
so I looked again into my boots and found that indeed I have a new supply.
I can't continue to let my life shrink , I need to expand while still here.
I hear my mother again : "Courage, have courage".

1 comment:

cayta said...

That really hit home with me, Jeannot. Thank you for that post. I wish so much that there were something I could do for you but I know that there is not. I am sorry for that.