Friday, December 21, 2007

Crazy hours with retail

The chase is on. Lets get the mighty buck, so at Steinmart, where I work we have joined the race. We were open at 8 this am and at 6 am tomorrow. What does it mean to me?
I had to be at the shop at 7 am all this past week and at 5 am tomorrow.
I am not a happy camper.

It messes with me because I hardly sleep at night thinking I will not hear the alarm and not be ready in time.

I count the money for the starting drawers.
So I have to be there, usually with one manager.
Who will come at 6 am tomorrow?

People go to Walmart to get the cheaper TV's but we have the same sale all day, why bother to come early, we have enough rags to fit dozens if not hundreds of ladies.
Come on, sleep in, let me sleep in too.

It confuses Bob, I get up quietly and leave before he wakes up.
I am no longer sure that he can read my messages.
I tell him every day what day it is (on paper)
and what time I will be home.
Not sure if he comprehends it anymore.
He did write a sentence for his brother's card yesterday , it was a big struggle.

Well I think I will take a little nap.

No comments: