Monday, September 8, 2008

I am beginning my 4 day week at work. I think I will like that.
Have tons to do and hope I do not fall asleep at 6 pm.

Was invited to the Biltmore house tonight, there is a special viewing of the flower carpet they installed.
I sort of said No to the invite.
I know I will be too tired.
Besides that I am such a critic of flower carpets.
Back home in Belgium we have conquered that art.
The Grand Place in Brussels gets that dressed up once a year and it is just huge and fabulous.
Once a year the streets of Loochristi are lined with flowers , all different carpets by different growers, mostly begonias.
Here a sample on how they start it in Brussels:
http://www.expatica.com/be/articles/news/Brussels_-bi_annual-carpet-of-flowers-is-on.html

At the Biltmore it is their first year and they are putting flower pots together,
not single flowers. Still nice!

OK so I am homesick. Probably more a wanderlust, trying to get away from the house. The conditions. The ...whatever.
I'd be happy to go to a motel for 2 days and just sit.
Must have Toto with me.

No rain in sight. Restriction is still going on and will be for some time.
At least we can still take a shower.
Bad water management from the city leaders too.

I am going to make themost of these 3 days and hope that by day 3 I can sit down and read something, that would be a novelty.


1 comment:

Jay & Jody said...

Hi, Jeannot.
My name is Jody Simpson and I’m an Expert Researcher at WEGO Health(wegohealth.ning.com). I just read through your website, Life lessons coping with Alzheimer. My heart goes out to you and all the work you do to help your husband. My current project is to research Alzheimer’s disease and to add a “spotlight interview” from someone who understands the effects of the disease, as well as the importance of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease.
I would really like to interview you for a “Spotlight on Health Activists” series on WEGO Health. I’d love to learn more about your ideas and thoughts on caring for a spouse with Alzheimer's disease, and then share your story with our community. If this is something you’d be interested in, I’d be happy to give you more details.

Here’s a sample of one of our Spotlight interviews: community.wegohealth.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2028394%3ABlogPost%3A14241
Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
-Jody Simpson

WEGO Health Researcher
WEGO Health
jodys@wegohealth.com

www.wegohealth.com
expert-supported health communities