Sunday, July 19, 2009

Since we started this journey the stages have changed.
So now we are more detailed and I thought we were in 7 but not so fast, kiddo. We are in 6.
Wishful thinking ( how brutal) answer is yes.
For I know I am getting ill and that is not the best solution either.
Who will be able to take care of him.

While the brain is being covered with whatever (too tired to look it up again) there is the oddity of what memory one has on any given day.
Yesterday Bob was refusing to go to sleep and wandered about the house all over the place and then gave me the finger when I told him to go to bed.
Now this man never gave the finger to anyone, well, in the car once in awhile to other drivers.
How come he remembered that?

He loves Coke, he has had an addiction to it for years.
I try and curtail it some but not that much, after all what pleasures does he have.
He took a can of coke managed to open it (not usual) poured it in to
cereal bowl, took a spoon and started to spoon it out.
He looked puzzled. I was perplexed because I had not seen that scenario , I then moved the coke into a glass and he drank it not making a sound about
why he had used a bowl.
Why can he do a signal he hardly used and then mess up with a routine he did a thousand times.
That is Alzheimer's. You never know what will happen next.

No comments: