Thursday, December 9, 2010

People have different reactions to one of my blogs....

A few days ago I posted a blog about aging.
It was just me making fun of myself.
I thought it was funny.
Reactions were from the young: This was so sad......
From my peers: this is not everyone's experience, my face is hardly wrinkled at all.....
From the middle of the road : Wow , you made me laugh all day when I thought of it.

Relax people, if you have a chance to become old, lucky for you-I think, but most of all changes will happen that is a given, try and laugh about it if you can.

I am perfectly fine with who I am.
Do I have a choice about the wrinkles? No.
Do I have a choice that I can't get up on my old knees? No. I do not want new ones at this point.
Can I stop the clock in any way? No.
I am lucky that I remember so much and that I can still do my bookkeeping and use my eyes and my hands. I am very lucky I can walk today without side effects from my fall. I am lucky that I lived longer then Bob, he would not have been able to
be a widower, he was not that strong.
So it is not all bad, not all sad.

Like they say it is not for sissies.

No comments: